Friday, January 23, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire - Movie Review

Here's my spoiler for this review. If you read my review on "Benjamin Button", then you will notice that I liked this movie 20 times more than "Benjamin Button".

Slumdog Millionaire was a fantastic movie! How is it that overseas is beating us out of everything, could it be hard work and originality? First we outsourced our technical and call center jobs overseas, and now, we may be outsourcing our movies. Honestly, I don't think that Hollywood will ever go away, but I must say that it is a really good competition. Slumdog Millionaire keeps you on your seat just wondering what will happen next and how does this story all get pieced together. When walking out of the theater, I could only think of two things. One, "Did I like everything about that movie?" Two, "Who was that cute boy (Dev Patel)?"

I really don't want to give away anything about this movie that will spoil someone's first time viewing of the movie. I do want to say though that the actors in this movie did a great job, from the young kids to the older adults. These actors delivered a wonderful story in such a real way. This movie was more believable and realistic than "The Blaire Witch Project". I am really going to look forward to seeing some more movies from these actors and this studio. Can they do it again?

May I also say that I actually liked Anil Kapoor, playing the host of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire", much more than I like Regis Philbin hosting.

One last thing, the music in the movie is just captivating, I am sure I will be buying this soundtrack off of Itunes! The music was great and the end credits dance sequence was just incredible, them showing off their talent and having fun too! Much like Tom Cruise at the end of Tropic Thunder, but hotter.

Have you seen the movie? Do you know who the third Musketeer was? What did you think of the movie? If you liked Slumdog Millionaire, then you should also check out "The Kite Runner" or vice versa.


Grade:A+

After seeing Slumdog Millionaire I just hope that Bollywood can keep these movies coming!

About Boi In Austin

My Photo
Chad - Boi In Austin
Boi In Austin is 5'10" blonde hair, blue eyed, gay guy. He grew up in San Antonio, Texas in a conservative household. Now lives in Austin, Texas with his other half.
View my complete profile
Boi Facebook profile

  © Boi In Austin brought to you by Chad

Back to TOP