Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How was your Christmas? A look back at the past couple days for me.

So the past holiday weekend+ was pretty crazy. The in-law family was in from out-of-state, had some great times. We went shopping just about everyday and I kept my spending down pretty good. In the shopping I ended up getting a "Pin Head - 3-Dimensional Pin Sculpture" that is a neon green color for less than $3.00. It's amazing how the simple toys are so fun! I found some other cool things, but really this has been the best find for the household.

For Christmas I finally got an iPhone, which I have been trying to get for sometime now. A quick review on it. I don't like how it does not allow for you to customize the colors (software, theme wise) and icons, unless you hack it a bit. This is something I will be doing too, found a site that tells you how to change the icons and the colors on the SMS application. The last thing that I have found, that I don't like is that it does not do MMS. I love sending and receiving pictures, sounds, and contacts. None of these things are currently available, what was Apple thinking? What I love is the ease to install applications, and the ability to stream music, or listen to my Itunes. All in all, I am extremely pleased with it! I look forward to seeing if Apple can release an OS that allows us to customize and send MMS. You would think that with most of Apple's customers being people that love to express themselves and be different, how do they do that with an iPhone? Seems like Apple has set us all to be sheep, BAHHHH.

What else did we get for Christmas? Well, we got a Playstation 3, which is awesome! We also got a cool TV cabinet that allows for the TV to be mechanically lowered into the cabinet or lifted for viewing.

The PS3, Playstation 3, is better than what we thought. We still have some learning to do, but one of the reasons for going with PS3 instead of XBox was because of the Blue-ray. Also we already had a PS2, and many games that we wanted to be able to continue to play on our new console. The Blue-ray is excellent quality, for viewing movies and also has some added features to make the movie experience more special, with bonus material. I also like the fact that the PS3 does a lot of stuff through the network, like a media player and it seems to also see our DirecTv DVR, but we have yet to figure out how that works with it, yet. We are also increasing our usage because we added Blue-ray to our Netflix account and we also got a new subscription to GameFly. I highly suggest this to everyone, it will cut down on costs and increase your fun meter!

The TV cabinet was definitely not a need, but once we saw it, for about 50% less than retail, we talked ourselves into getting it. It does not fit all of our electronics in it properly, but that just means that we are probably going to get a separate shelf in the future to set next to it. The idea is to make everything nicer, and more hidden. The up and down function on the cabinet is nice, slow, but still cool, kind of a bit noisy motor, but for the price, we are happy! As one friend said, "Your turning into Scarface!" Maybe that's because of our limo in the driveway though, not too sure.



How was your Christmas? Did you have fun?
Please share your thoughts.


Are you ready for the New Years?

About Boi In Austin

My Photo
Chad - Boi In Austin
Boi In Austin is 5'10" blonde hair, blue eyed, gay guy. He grew up in San Antonio, Texas in a conservative household. Now lives in Austin, Texas with his other half.
View my complete profile
Boi Facebook profile

  © Boi In Austin brought to you by Chad

Back to TOP